Vacancy Notice N° o1/2019
Senior Project Officers (Grade B5)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Belgrad
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Programme Manager and in cooperation with the Centre of Expertise for Local Government Reform of the Council of Europe, the Senior Project Officers will assist in the management and implementation of the European Union/Council of Europe Joint Programme ‘Human Resources Management in Local Self-Government – Phase II’.
Employment is limited to the duration of the project which is expected to end in December 2021.
The incumbent performs the following tasks in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- Organises and co-ordinates the administrative, financial and technical implementation of programme activities in accordance with the programme work plan, assuming primary responsibility for the organisation of activities and related contracts;
- Participates in meetings and events organised within the framework of the programme, contributes to the preparation of documents and other materials for these meetings and events and undertakes follow-up action;
- Monitors expenditure and proposes adjustment measures, in line with Council of Europe financial regulations and procedures;
- Monitors progress, evaluates results, identifies appropriate adjustments and ensures reporting to meet contractual obligations;
- Contributes to the drafting and updating of technical and financial reports, in cooperation with the programme manager;
- Prepares reports, briefings, speaking notes and other documents related to the programme objectives;
- Coordinates the work of the local project assistants;
- Liaises with programme stakeholders such as consultants, beneficiary institutions, donors and other partners as regards the implementation of activities;
- Maintains regular contacts with the relevant Services of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg and the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SCTM) concerning the implementation of programme activities;
- Reports to superiors on the results achieved, on further requirements, risks and opportunities of developments or events;
- Contributes to raising the visibility of the programme by disseminating information to those concerned and ensures adequate information flows among the programme stakeholders and relevant partners and experts;
- Carries out allocated assignments for related activities organised by the Council of Europe;
- Contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the direct Project management;
– Promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Belgrade, Serbia
Closing date: 21 January 2019
Read more and apply on the Council of Europe Office website.