Press and Information Officer (Local Agent)
The post is based at the Delegation offices in Kigali. The incumbent will report to the Head of Political Section.
- Provide the Delegation with reviews of media, on a daily and weekly basis.
- Provide specific press reviews on ad hoc basis for particular subjects.
- Provide ad hoc political analysis to the Head of Political Section.
- Provide the public with information related to the EU and related to activities of the Delegation of the EU in Rwanda, in close co-ordination with the Head of Political Section and with relevant Heads of Sections.
- Responsible for the management of the Cultural Programme of the Delegation.
- Responsible for the workplan and for the budget related to culture and information, as well as for related expenditures.
- Prepare reports as requested, related to press, culture and information activities.
- Manage the website and social media of the Delegation.
- Organise events related to press, culture and information.
- Prepare press releases of the Delegation in co-ordination with the respective sections.
- Maintain relations with the media, and a database related to the media / culture sector.
- Maintain relations with the Cultural Centers, particularly of Member States.
- Develop, in close co-ordination with the Head of Political Section and other Heads of Sections, the visibility programme of the Delegation.
- Contribute to any tasks related to media, culture and information, upon request.
- Contribute to any important visit from HQs for aspects related with media.
- Organise the distribution of information material.
- Assist the Head of Political Section with any other duties that may be required.
Indefinite contract with a probationary period.
The closing date for receiving applications will be 12:00 hours, 10 March 2014.