Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Specialist/Analyst or Associate, the ICT Support Assistant provides ICT and administrative support services to the ICT unit, provides daily technical support to users of information management tools and technology infrastructure. The ICT Support Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach. The ICT Support Assistant works in close collaboration with the Front Office, Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations teams in a large CO and UNDP HQ staff for resolving complex ICT-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supports and implements ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Support to the use of Atlas (UNDP’s implementation of ERP) functionality for improved business results and improved client services;
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Provision of inputs to preparation of results-oriented workplans.
Ensures effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Performance of specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Assistance in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades; – Assistance in upgrading patch and anti-virus programs on a timely basis;
- Monitoring of file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis;
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention.
Supports networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems;
- Response to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives. Maintenance of backup logs. Assistance to organization of off-site storage of backups.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Maintenance of a library of ICT related reference materials;
- Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Procurement Unit;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Research and retrieval of l data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required. Maintenance of Unit´s files, logs;
- Provision of ICT support to key events.
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Application deadline: 03 July 2014