The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Financial Planning Unit within the Strategic Planning & Analysis Division (SPA), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
For a period of five (5) months (starting Q1 2019)
The Trainee will be part of the Procurement team.
The Trainee is expected to support the Senior Procurement Officer with the development of an operations manual covering the administrative tasks to be delivered with regard to procurement activities.
Under the supervision of the Senior Procurement Officer, s/he will be assigned the following objectives:
- Support in the implementation of the new internal procedure related to EIF procurement activities:
- Administration of the procurement control documents and related contracts, both in hard copy and electronic version;
- Input of required data in the relevant database;
- Update of the Inventory of contracts sheet and Procurement list;
- Monitoring of backlog, including verification and documents’ collection actions;
- Drafting of an operations manual covering all administrative tasks to be delivered with regard to EIF procurement activities.
- Verification that all active contracts are physically archived and electronically stored together with their respective procurement control documents and that the related data is properly put in the system;
- Preparation of an operating manual for the Procurement team documenting all administrative steps and actions regarding the collection of contracts and their procurement control documents, their physical archiving and electronic storage and the update of the related monitoring sheets.
- University degree (or on-going studies at advanced stage) in law, finance, economics or other relevant fields;
- Some knowledge and understanding of Directive 2014/24/EU, contract drafting and/or experience with detailed procedural exercises;
- Understanding of EIF’s mission and activities and of markets and legal frameworks relevant to EIF business, as well as policies and priorities in that context;
- Prior experience in contract management and/or procurement would be a plus.
- Excellent English drafting skills and attention to details;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of further EU languages is considered an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work productively;
- Demonstrate initiative, capability to work autonomously under given objectives and organise own work effectively even under time pressure.
Deadline for applications: January 29, 2019.