Senior Project Officer (Grade B5)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Belgrade
Under the authority of the Head of the Council of Europe Office and the supervision of the Head of the Centre of Expertise for Local Government Reform within the Department of Democratic Institutions and Governance of the Directorate General of Democracy, the Senior Project Officer shall support the effective implementation of the Council of Europe/European Union Joint Programme “Human Resources Management in Local Self- Government in Serbia”.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project which is expected to end on 20 December 2017.
The Senior Project Officer performs the following duties in accordance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
– Plan, organise, implement and follow up on Programme activities in accordance with the work plan and its calendar of activities;
– Monitor legislative and political developments and trends to identify opportunities and risks which may hamper the effective implementation of the Programme and advise on suitable action/corrective measures;
– Lead and participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, round tables and working groups organised within the framework of the Programme;
– Contribute to the preparation of policy papers, as provided for in the Programme;
– Maintain regular contacts with key domestic central and local government stakeholders, as well as with other national authorities as appropriate;
– Liaise with the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SCTM) to ensure their active contribution to the proper implementation of the Programme, and monitor the quality of work provided by the staff within the SCTM;
– Liaise with domestic NGOs and other local partners which are interested in and may contribute to the implementation of the Programme;
– Ensure proper administrative, financial and technical implementation of the Programme and, in particular, maintain regular contacts with the delegation of the European Union in Serbia and ensure a regular information flow on activities organised and progress in Programme implementation;
– Organise and participate in the meetings of the Programme Steering Committee;
– Prepare inception and interim reports as well as the final report in co-ordination with Strasbourg; manage and supervise the work of the other members of the team in Belgrade; supervise the local administrative and financial management of the Programme;
– Contribute to the visibility of the Programme and to the preparation, quality and dissemination of information about it (studies, publications, interventions);
– Contribute to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the direct Project management in Strasbourg.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 15 February 2016
Location : Belgrade, Serbia