Type of contract: Short-term contract until 31 May 2020, which may be extended to up to 36 months subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply: EU nationals who are members of staff of international public organisations (e.g. the IMF, EBRD or BIS) or public sector organisations within the European Union performing central banking tasks (including banking supervision). Your contract of employment with your current organisation must extend at least one year beyond the end of the proposed period of employment at the ECB.
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Monday, 4 February 2019
The Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) is the operational
framework for banking supervision in Europe. It comprises the ECB and
the national competent authorities of the participating Member States.
You will be part of the Planning and Coordination of the Supervisory Examination Programme Division (PCS) in the Directorate General Microprudential Supervision IV. Our Division has around 30 staff members and we coordinate:
- the strategic planning of the SSM, including the definition of the key priorities and focus areas of supervisory work;
- the operational planning of the supervisory examination programme for significant institutions, together with the respective Joint Supervisory Teams;
- the planning and staffing of on-site missions, in cooperation with the national supervisory authorities;
- other activities in the field of international cooperation in relation to the above, such as the preparation of memoranda of understanding with non-SSM supervisory authorities.
As a Business Process Assistant you will:
- advise and support on-site inspectors under the cost-free secondment (CFS) regime and ESCB/IO contract staff for cross-border missions with regard to travel booking, organisation and processing in our IT system;
- act as point of contact for travel-related queries from on-site inspectors, and support and monitor their travel arrangements;
- be the contact, in relation to the above, for the external service provider responsible for providing travel agency services to the ECB.
The position offers excellent opportunities to work in a highly motivated and skilled team of experts working on cross-border projects. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.