Getting your first job can be tough – employers want experience – but how do you get that experience? Imagine having an amazing 2 years at CERN of work-experience in a hi-tech organisation on your CV, plus an additional European language!
This is a programme for technicians who are looking to get a great professionnal experience for their future career or before their advanced studies.
CERN welcomes applications from talented technicians who will have the opportunity to work in a diversity of fields at the cutting edge of technology: electronics, electricity, mechanics, IT, vacuum, cooling and ventilation, safety, radioprotection, survey engineering, are but a few of the examples of the many domains in which successful applicants will learn and contribute their knowledge.
- Duration: an initial contract of one year, renewable for a second year
- Financial conditions: Your take-home pay will be around 3500 Swiss francs per month
- Leave: You are entitled to 2.5 days paid leave per month
- Insurance: You are covered by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme for yourself and your dependents
- Travel expenses: You are entitled to travel expenses for yourself and your dependents (unless stipulated otherwise)
- Depending on your circumstances, you may be entitled to an installation grant, family allowance and child allowance
- The Housing Service can provide information to help you in your search for accommodation
- Successful applicants will be assigned to a project with a supervisor
- On-the-job and formal training will be provided at CERN. There are also in-house language courses for English and/or French
Deadline to submit application : 24 October (23:59 CET)