A great way to start your career!
In 2009, CERN introduced a new ‘Graduate Engineering Training (GET)’ scheme. CERN is already well-established as a central and vital force in the physics community, but CERN also offers outstanding possibilities for training and work experience in engineering fields. The aim of this scheme is to encourage Fellowship applications from talented engineers and should prove to be a positive step forward in showing CERN is not only an exciting place to work for physicists, but is also a leading employer in engineering fields.
CERN is proud to be involved in COFUND a European Commission Marie Curie Action to stimulate mobility and career development through fellowship programmes. We will be offering a limited number of 3-year Fellowships to top-ranked Senior Fellows through the COFUND programme from the November 2012 until the May 2015 committees. A feature of the COFUND programme is the possibility to spend up to 12 months of the Fellow contract at another institute, provided that the work still corresponds to your original project at CERN.
Engineers selected under the GET scheme benefit from the same conditions as all other Fellows.
- Stipend range: 5165 CHF to 8043 CHF per month (stipends are calculated individually, are competitive and net of tax).
- Contract duration is 6 months to three years, typical duration is two years. It can be exceptionally possible to extend for all or part of a 3rd year.
- Travel expenses at the beginning and end of the contract (depending on individual circumstances).
- Installation indemnity (depending on individual circumstances).
- Family allowance, child allowance, infant allowance (depending on individual circumstances).
- Pension Fund membership (contribution automatically deducted from stipend).
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from stipend).
- Full remuneration for the first 12 months of sick leave. Medical certificate required for any absence of more than three consecutive days.
- 40 hours working week.
- 2.5 days paid annual leave per month.
- CERN housing service helps finding local accommodation; visa service; social affairs service.