The European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is looking for a Junior Project Certification Manager – General Aviation (AD 5)
VACANCY NOTICE REF.: EASA/AD/2015/009
The Certification Directorate contributes to a safe and environmentally compatible aviation system in Europe by performing the following core activities: product airworthiness, continuing airworthiness oversight, environmental certification and design organisation approval.
The General Aviation & RPAS Department is responsible and accountable for the following deliverables for the aircraft within its scope:
- Airworthiness of Type Design
- Approval of Flight Conditions
- Continuing Airworthiness of Type Design
- Operational Evaluation Board (OEB)/Operational Suitability Data (OSD) deliverables
- Certification Support and Validation
- Technical Advice
It cooperates with the Certification Policy & Safety Information Department for the Rulemaking deliverables on the relevant Certifications Specifications.
The RPAS VLA LSA Balloons Airship Section is responsible for the above mentioned deliverables. It deals with RPAS, LSA, VLA, Gliders, balloons and Airships.
Guided by a senior mentor, the Junior PCM – General Aviation will pursue an intensive induction phase of approximately one year. A tailored programme will be designed to familiarise the jobholder with the Agency’s core activities and to give a deeper understanding of the disciplines related to General Aviation, General Air Traffic Management and/or Rotorcrafts. Towards the end of the induction phase, the jobholder will be assigned to a specific project in his/her area of competence. The project will be completed by a report and the jobholder will be requested to present the results.
Following successful completion of the induction phase, the jobholder will resume additional responsibilities and gradually start to be involved in more complex projects. The jobholder will be qualified internally to work on either RPAS or Balloons and Airships certification projects.
- Initial Airworthiness Certification and compliance with technical requirements: managing, performing and controlling core activities related to initial airworthiness of new type designs (including changes and repairs) for RPAS/ Balloons and Airships in order to ensure compliance with applicable safety standards;
- Continuing Airworthiness: managing the operational safety oversight process associated with certified aircraft, including reacting without undue delay to a safety problem by assessing relevant safety data from the Internal Occurrence Reporting System (IORS) and deciding promptly on appropriate corrective actions to ensure the continuing airworthiness;
- Developing Certification Specifications and international standards, especially for RPAS/ Balloons and Airships and contributing to maintenance and updating of Certification Specifications;
- Providing input and support to Design Organisational Approval activities;
- Providing support to the activities of the other EASA Directorates as necessary;
- Contribution to the research activities related to their areas of expertise;
- Drafting technical presentations to be provided to different audiences.
Monthly basic salary: 4.384,38 EUR at step 1, plus specific allowances where applicable.
Place of employment: Cologne, Germany
Deadline for applications: 15/06/2015 at 23:55 hrs CET (Cologne time)