Location: London, GB
Requisition ID: 12042
Office Country: United Kingdom
Office City: London
Dept./Bus. Group: VP Banking
Business Unit: Business Development
Contract Type: Intern
Contract Length: 06 months
Posting End Date: 07/01/2018
The Business Development Unit (“BDU”, the “Team”) of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the “EBRD” or the “Bank”) is responsible for the origination and generation of new business opportunities and the promotion of the Bank’s capabilities to both existing and potential clients. BDU plays an important role in fostering the relationship between the EBRD and potential clients and following through on potential new business opportunities. The Team maintains a close working relationship with the Management of the EBRD’s Banking Department in pursuit of business origination in the sectors and regions in which the Bank operates. Working with counterparts within the Banking Department, the Team is responsible for identification of high potential companies, businesses and entities, establishing and developing relationships at target company senior management level coordinating the maintenance of relationships and follow up project leads which have been generated.
The Bank now intends to engage an intern/analyst (“intern”) with a good knowledge of Bank’s Countries of Operation (COO’s) and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) country intelligence, to undertake methodical and focused in-depth data collation to support the BDU team in its work (the “Assignment”).
Key responsibilities and deliverables
The objective to be achieved by the Intern is to support BDU group in collating and updating information collated from various databases/internet sources, published data, undertake corollary data collection, compiling presentations as well as organizing information to produce spreadsheets/reports, PowerPoint et al, across a spectrum of countries, as directed. Assistance with CRM update and ad hoc country visits.
Duties will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Information extraction for the existing and potential EBRD clients from various Bank /non Bank databases;
- Liaise with BDU staff in research and verifying the accuracy of information, and update the information based on other available sources (internet, company databases, phone calls to companies); Assist BDU staff to reach out to potential companies/investors/business associations.
- Prepare and assist maintenance of databases of information (incl. BD FDI Country database), as extracted from company databases and other sources, according to the criteria provided, in cooperation with BDU team members;
- Participate in trip preparing as required;
- Responsible for extracting and monitoring FDI flows into countries of operations from internal (OpsCom, SBIC approval) and external databases (fDi Markets, Factiva, Merger market, Orbis).
- Responsible for preparation of pitch books, factsheets, marketing presentations, case study booklet. General assistance as other needs may arise.The Intern shall work as part of the BDU team, and report to Business Development Manager, and shall inform him/her, on a daily basis of the results of all his or her activities.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications
- Studying or recently graduated from university.
- Computer literacy: conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Capacity to research and obtain relevant information
Competencies and personal attributes
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organised with a high level of attention to detail, able to work well independently and with initiative.
- Ability to deal directly and appropriately with all levels of EBRD staff.
- Ability to operate sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- A team player and quick learner who is collaborative and agile to adapt to changes.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns are remunerated according to their level of education and work experience, but are not entitled to staff benefits (including any accommodation and travel assistance), privileges and immunities.
- Candidates must be a national of one of our member countries (http://www.ebrd.com/about/basics/members.htm); have a good knowledge of both spoken and written English; and be able to obtain or already have the necessary UK visa to allow for full time work.
- The internship length is initially 6 months, commencing on 1st of February 2018, with a possibility for a 6 months extension, at the discretion of the Bank.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Read more and apply here.