Every year, the Committee of the Regions (CoR) offers a limited number of university graduates a five-month traineeship:
- from 16 February to 15 July (spring session).
The Committee of the Regions offers a limited number of traineeships for university graduates and local and regional authority staff.
- You will familiarise yourself with the Committee of the Regions’ objectives and work on European integration;
- You will receive unique, first-hand experience of working in a multicultural, multilingual environment;
- You will gain work experience and knowledge in your field of interest;
- You will gain practical knowledge of how the Committee of the Regions and other European institutions work;
- You can bring in new ideas;
- You can network.
Each trainee is assigned to a specific department of the CoR. The nature of the work depends largely on the unit. Some units are more politically oriented, others are more administrative. In general, the type of work assigned is equivalent to that performed by junior executive-grade officials (AD5).
The aim of the traineeship within the CoR is:
- to provide a unique, first-hand experience of the workings of the CoR in particular, and of the EU institutions in general;
- to acquire practical experience and knowledge of the day-to-day work of the Committee’s departments;
- to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- you will have the opportunity to organise a study visit to a European local or regional authority, in connection with the Committee’s political priorities;
- to put into practice knowledge acquired during studies, particularly in your areas of competence.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
The electronic application form must be submitted within the following timeframe: Before 30 September of the preceding year