Purpose of the Role:
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in all aspects of administrative work carried out by a team of five persons, whose main objective is to provide support and information to Concawe’s members and non-members. You will also have the unique opportunity in contributing to the implementation of a new software and the development of new activities subsequent to new regulatory requirements.
Concawe is the scientific division of the European Petroleum Refiners Association based in Brussels. Concawe represents all refiners (100% of the refining capacity) in the EU and in the EEA.
Since several years, Concawe has developed a program to actively support its members in their registration obligations under the EU REACH regulation (Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemicals). In this context, Concawe leads the organization of fora called “SIEF” (Substance Information Exchange Fora) in which companies (Concawe as well as non-Concawe members) exchange information on Chemical Substances that manufacturers and importers of petroleum substances have to register under REACH. The assistant will work with the team in charge of managing the relationships between the companies member of the SIEFs.
Work in a co-ordinated manner with the team members to deal with the main activities: licensing, contractual follow-up, data check.
Duties include, amongst others :
- Administrative – You will assist in the preparation of contracts, monitor data and update the database with information on the status of SIEF participants, their orders, contact details and history of client relationship. In addition to this you will be responsible for treating incoming e-mails from our members and non-members. Furthermore, you will also be assisting in the preparation of regular reports for the SIEF manager and assisting in the preparing of presentations of scientific meetings.
- Financial – You will assist in the preparation of invoices to SIEF participants (licence fee, share of SIEF management cost) and follow-up on payments with the Concawe accountant.
Skills & Competences
- You are an open-minded person who values being a team player, but can work independently and is proactive.
- You possess a strong analytical ability, numeracy, strong oral and written communication skills with great attention to detail.
- You are organized and have a structured mind to deal with large quantities of work against strict deadlines.
- You are fluent (both spoken and written) in English. The knowledge of any other language is an asset.
- You possess excellent computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel…)
- Basic knowledge in accounting, statistics, data handling and/or regulatory process is an asset
Education & Experience
You possess a degree/diploma/certificate in Administration, Finance or other relevant field (or equivalent).
- Length: 12 months
- Start date: as soon as possible
- The traineeship is remunerated