The World Bank Central Asia Regional Office in Almaty, Kazakhstan is looking for a Team Assistant to join the Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team to carry out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks.
The Central Asia Country Unit, ECCU8, includes a diverse set of countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and substantive (to the extent possible) support to the World Bank Central Asia Regional Office.
• Arranging working schedule and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams.
• Formatting and, if necessary, drafting variety of standard project-related operational correspondence, drafting minutes and ensuring timely submission for clearance and distribution, as well as adherence to departmental, VPU and institutional and operational guidelines and procedures;
• Incorporating agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
• Using word processing, spreadsheets or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution.
• Maintaining, retrieval, manipulating and presentation of project related data.
• Providing support for preparation and implementation of Bank projects, according to Bank procedures.
• Assisting in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, travel, etc.
• Tracking assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinating with relevant staff and providing assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
• Maintaining current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributing documents for the team.
• Maintaining up-to-date work unit project and other files (WBDoc).
• Assisting team or work unit by translating/drafting a variety of routine documents, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English and Russian languages.
• Solving non-routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• Providing, when necessary, back up support and/or assistance to other Central Asia Regional Office colleagues in coordination with the Executive Assistant in order to ensure smooth operation of the office support work.
• Perform other tasks as requested by the Regional Director, Office Manager and operational staff.
Application deadline: 12-Jan-2014