The European Association of Co-operative Banks (EACB) has been the voice of co-operative banks in Europe since 1970. It represents, promotes and defends the common interests of its 31 member institutions and of co-operative banks in general. Co-operative banks form decentralized networks which are subject to banking as well as co-operative legislation. With 4,200 locally operating banks and 68,000 outlets, co-operative banks play a major role in the financial and economic system. They serve almost 205 million customers, mainly consumers, SMEs and communities.
The EACB Secretariat is looking for an administrative trainee for a period of 6 to 9 months starting on 1st September 2015.
EACB offers a 6 to 9 months in-service training (‘stage’’) for a young professional who has recently obtained a higher education or vocational training diploma in European office administration and who wishes to gain work experience at the EACB secretariat. As an administrative trainee your job would be equivalent to that given to a European administrative assistant at the beginning of his/her career.
You will have the following duties and tasks:
Support the Heads of Legal and Retail Banking Department:
-Manage and keep overview of agendas, meetings and travel
-Prepare telephone calls
-Prepare meeting files
Support the teams and their members:
– Answer and handle incoming phone calls
– Make appointments
-Technical support such as:
==> Drafting of simple letters and mails,
==> Formatting of position papers and other documents
==> Creation of powerpoints
==> Uploading of documents to the EACB website
==> Organise and oversee external mailings especially when to large mailing lists
- Distinct interest in administrative tasks.
- Higher education in office administration or vocational training as management/office assistant on a European scale (e.g. “Europasekretär(in)”).
- Fluent written and spoken English and French. Knowledge of other official languages of the European Union, in particular German, are recommended.
- Good communication skills.
- Capacity to work independently.
- Be a good team-player with strong inter-personal skills and ability to work efficiently.
- Be flexible and be a quick learner.
They offer a monthly trainee compensation package including lunch vouchers, transport allowance and mobile phone expenses.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Application deadline: 12 July 2015