The incumbent is responsible to the Head of Technical Department for providing technical expert advice in support of the Central Europe Pipeline System (CEPS). More precisely, he/she is responsible for performing the following functions:
- Contributing to the definition of a CEPS policy for the maintenance, restoration, modernisation and adaptation of the pipeline system.
- Developing plans and programmes for the implementation of this policy in Germany and in The Netherlands.
- Contributing to the input of the Technical Department for establishing CEPS documents (e.g. Five Year Investment Plan, Annual Report, Budgets) and NATO documents.
- Proposing projects for the construction of new installations as well as for the restoration, upgrading or adaptation of those already existing taking into consideration the safety, military and commercial requirements.
- Drafting, in close co-operation with the German and Dutch pipeline operators, NATO International Staff and National Authorities, the proposals for an advanced and cost-effective design and construction of CEPS infrastructure.
- Screening Host Nation Fund (HN) Requests for CEPS funded fuel installations; presenting and defending the screening report in CEPS Committees.
- Following closely the execution/ implementation of infrastructure projects, reporting and discussing their progress and defending CEPS Programme’s interests on all occasions.
- Advising on regulations for the operation and maintenance of CEPS facilities and specifications of the equipment used.
- Performing Travel on Duty (TDY) as required.
- Performing other related functions as required in peacetime and any other appropriate functions assigned in times of crisis or war.
- In the event of crisis or war the incumbent will, subject to the agreement of his/her national authorities, remain in the service of the Agency.
- Identifying the deficiencies of the pipeline system, in close co-ordination with the operators of the German and Dutch parts of CEPS, Ministries of Defence (MODs) and Construction Agencies’ officials, and also with the Business Department.
- Contributing to the definition of the Technical Criteria and Standards for pipeline installations.
DUTY LOCATION : Versailles, FRA
Application deadline: 26-08-2014