Applications are invited for the position of Assistant (Financial Support), NATO Grade B-4, on the staff of the Supreme Allied Commander Transformation (SACT), Joint Analysis and Lessons Learned Centre (JALLC), Monsanto, Portugal.
The incumbent’s duties are:
- Collects and analyses data to assist the Branch Head (Budget and Finance) in providing the necessary inputs to HQ STRIKFORNATO’s authorities for the preparation of the Budgets of HQ STRIKFORNATO;
- Assists in the management of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable activities relating to HQ STRIKFORNATO, to include preparation of customer invoices, record of receipts, liquidation of payments and other related activities,
- Validates and authorizes HQ STRIKFORNATO’s financial transactions such as commitments and payments within the level of financial authority delegated to him/her by the Branch Head (Budget and Finance), keeping and maintaining proper fiscal and accounting records as required under the NATO Financial Regulations and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) principles or any deviations thereto as approved by HQ STRIKFORNATO Senior Policy and Resource Committee (SPRC).
- Provides technical expertise in accounting issues especially in relation to financial transactions within the CNAFS.
- Monitors and controls the execution of HQ STRIKFORNATO funds, undertakes purchase requisitions and purchase orders checks for accounting accuracy ensuringcorrect allocation of CISI codes, provides guidance to Fund Managers and coordinates with them on their financial requirements;
- Assists in the management of exercise budgets delegations provided to HQ STRIKFORNATO when the latter is eligible for common funding.
- Provides a detailed regular analysis and report on the budget execution for the Branch Head (Budget & Finance), HQ STRIKFORNATO’s Financial Controller and other external entities as requested. Monitors and analyzes cost and expenditure trends and provides solutions as well as necessary information to the Branch Head for HQ STRIKFORNATO budgetary Mid-Year-Review process.
- Assists in the preparation of HQ STRIKFORNATO’s cash call from the Participating Nations.
- Assists in the performance of month-end and year-end closing financial procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of HQ STRIKFORNATO’s Financial Statements.
- Performs any other duties as directed by the Branch Head (Budget & Finance).
The Joint Analysis and Lessons Learned Centre (JALLC) is NATO’s centre for performing joint analysis of operations, training, exercises and experimentation. It supports the exchange of Lessons Learned and facilitates the development of Lessons Learned Capabilities, thus reinforcing the continuous transformation and modernization of NATO’s forces and capabilities.
The Budget and Finance Branch (BUDFIN) is responsible for all budgetary and financial management operations of the JALLC to include Morale & Welfare Activities (M&W), and ensures the correct application of rules and regulations governing tax exemption and custom clearance for the Command and the wider local NATO Community. Furthermore, BUDFIN provides a full set of financial services to other NATO Command Structure, Agency Structure, NATO Force Structure and other MOU organizations on Portuguese soil.
The Assistant (Financial Support) assists the JALLC Branch Head (Budget and Finance) in carrying out the financial operations of Headquarters, Naval Striking and Support Forces NATO (HQ STRIKFORNATO) in accordance with the Technical Arrangement between the latter and HQ SACT.
Location: Joint Analysis and Lessons Learned Centre (JALLC), Monsanto, Portugal
The closing date for applications is 20 August 2014