Vacancy Notice N° o36/2017
Project Support Assistant (Grade B1/B2)
Directorate General of Democracy (DG II)
Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes
Under the authority of the Head of the Directorate of Democratic Citizenship and Participation and of the Executive Secretary of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes, based in Luxembourg at the European Institute of Cultural Routes, the position-holder will carry out the activities included in the Council of Europe’s 2017-2020 Grant Agreement with the European Commission (Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy – DG REGIO), “Fostering regional development through transnational cultural routes, heritage policies and practices”.
The project support assistant will be designated in order to ensure the administrative assistance and assist the project manager and the information officer with the follow-up of implementation of the action. He/she will provide a variety of secretarial and financial support to the project, in compliance with general guidelines and priorities.
The duration of the project is of 12 months (full time) and is subject to the signing of the Grant Agreement with the European Commission. The contract might be prolonged according to the progress of implementation of the Grant Agreement and for a maximum duration not exceeding the end date of the Grant Agreement.
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- answers telephone calls, provides required information or refers to the person or department concerned;
- takes messages;
- receives, reviews and dispatches incoming correspondence, e-mails and fax messages;
- drafts and formats standard correspondence, memos, files and presentations in accordance with instructions; organises files;
- re-reads and makes grammatical corrections of texts; checks translations;
- carries out the practical organisation of meetings;
- makes travel and accommodation arrangements, assists in the reimbursement of travel expenses in accordance with relevant procedures; verifies cost of missions;
- carries out simple financial tasks in line with clear instructions and standard procedures: reconciles bank accounts and balance sheet accounts, enters information and executes queries in the accounting system;
- prepares, records, verifies and keeps up-to-date all kinds of data, files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc. for a specific purpose or on request;
- seeks and collects information, documentation and data; distributes information or documentation to the persons or work unit concerned;
- prepares production and distribution of documents;
- follows up work or activities in progress;
- acts as liaison between management and staff; maintains internal and external contacts with counterparts in other commissions, committees and international bodies relevant to the above activities;
- reports to the supervisor on activities in progress and if and when problems occur;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Luxembourg
Closing date: 30 November 2017
Read more and apply here.