The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
We offer a post of Press and Information Officer. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Press and Information Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff for liaison with the media and to support public diplomacy activities on the EU’s relations with and activities in Israel, as well as on EU strategy and the European Commission’s priority communications themes under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment.
– The post is a Local Agent group 1 post
– The weekly working hours are 37.5h and the working week is Monday to Friday
– The office is located in Ramat Gan
– The starting gross basic monthly salary is 18,497 ILS and is subject to taxation in Israel
We look for a candidate fulfilling following minimum requirements
– A university degree or an equivalent level of knowledge through extensive professional experience
– Fluent in Hebrew and English (speaking, reading, writing)
– 5 years’ experience in similar duties
– An Israeli citizenship or a valid work permit for Israel
– Proactive, team player, ready to assist others, flexibility in response to news cycles and events.
Following could be considered an asset:
– Competency in other EU languages, particularly French, or competency in Arabic.
– Knowledge of the European Union
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to:
The package should include a cover letter and a detailed CV using the template attached.
The selection procedure consists of evaluation of the applications, in order to identify the candidates fulfilling the minimum requirements. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of 3 officials, and may be asked to do a written exercise.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to: DELEGATION-ISRAEL-HR@eeas.europa.eu
Closing date: The deadline for applications is 28 July 2017 at 16:00 CET (17:00 Israeli time)