The Delegation of the European Union to the State of Eritrea is looking for suitable candidates for the following position:
Information Technology Officer (Group II) – Administration Section of the Delegation
To serve as assistant with responsibility for carrying out Technical Support Services under the supervision of the Head of Administration.
Functions and Duties:
– Assist the end user for office automation tools (Word, Excel, Outlook….)
– Preparation and setup of workstations when staff comes/goes from the Delegation.
(Based on the reference configuration media delivered by HQ)
– On user request, test and install additional software and devices necessary for professional tasks (after approval of HQ)
– Register user incidents to the central helpdesk of Delegation for all ICT related issues (E-mail problems, access rights, problems with central applications, network connectivity problems, restoration of deleted files …) ensure follow-up and implementation solutions..
– Assist end-users for the installation of presentation equipments (projectors.)
– Assist end –users for usage of the videoconference equipment.
– Perform the troubleshooting of problems related to workstations, laptops, printers, PDA’s scanners and network devices (switch, hubs)
– Install patches and updates on all workstations and portable (following instruction received by HQ)
– Manage the anti-virus on all workstations and portables (following instruction received from HQ)
– Perform the disk wiping of all declassified PC’s
– Manage local PABX and telephones
– In case of network problems provide local assistance to the central network service provider (BT) and local ISP provider.
– Perform patching of the network
– Follow-up the hardware problems with ICT material delivered from HQ (laptops, PC’s, servers and videoconference material) – opening – follow up and closure of incidents with the helpdesk delegations.
Other IT administration tasks:
– Closely co-operate with all employees in the Delegation and in particular with the Head of Administration to improve overall efficiency of IT technology.
– Contact with HQ and implementation of their instruction concerning IT matters
– Communicate and co-operate with the Regional IT Officer and the HQ Helpdesk regarding problem solving.
– Assist the Head of Administration with the preparation of call’s for tender for the purchase of ICT material and/or services based on specifications received by HQ.
– Assist the HOA for the draft of the technical requirements and for the technical evaluation for Call for tender for purchase of printers, PDA’s, backup tapes, new cabling infrastructure, ISP, support services….
Preferably having a Bachelor degree or equivalent in engineering, computer sciences or equivalent discipline with thorough knowledge of networking IT hardware and server administration
– 4 years of relevant professional experience in computer systems operations, maintenance and management
– Having experience in working in an international environment is a plus.
– Good oral and written knowledge of English language, French is an asset.
Windows XP, Windows7, Office 2003&2010, TCP/IP, LAN
Good knowledge of software applications, networking and hardware
Duration: Unlimited time
Remuneration: As per the salary scale of the Delegation and relevant experiences
The deadline of the application is February 20, 2015 at 12:00 hrs. at the latest.