The Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU)
is a public-private partnership between the European Commission and the Bio-based Industry Consortium (BIC). The BBI JU is established in Brussels under European Union law for a period up to 31.12.2024. The Bio-based Industries JU implements a Joint Technology Initiative aimed at promoting investment in the development of a sustainable bio-based industry sector in Europe.
The objective of the Joint Technology Initiative on Bio-based Industries is to implement a research and innovation programme in Europe that assesses the feasibility of the establishment of sustainable and competitive bio-based value chains. These activities will be carried out through collaboration between stakeholders from the research community along entire bio-based value chains, including primary production, processing industries and end-users. The BBI JU encourages the participation of SMEs to ensure their full involvement in the programme.
The BBI JU will organise competitive calls for proposals to support and facilitate research, innovation and deployment activities, which will play an essential role in achieving its objectives. Close synergies with other European Union policies in areas such as industrial competitiveness and SMEs, agriculture, energy and environment, and with the European Structural and Investment Funds or Rural Development related actions will be developed.
The Joint Technology Initiative will engage up to € 3.7 billion for the period 2014–2024.
The working language of the BBI JU is English.
The Project Officer shall, under the supervision of the Head of Programme Unit of the BBI JU, be responsible for the implementation of the Multiannual and Annual Work Plans, for the organisation of competitive calls and evaluations of project proposals, as well as for the management of the entire project cycle. He/she shall deal with several European Union procedures. The post will also entail contacts with Industry and Research Communities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Project Officer shall in particular be responsible for:
- Contributing to the BBI JU Annual Work Plan (AWP) definition and drafting and in particular coordinate for BBI JU the definition of topics by EC and BIC;
- Ensuring that calls for proposals are published, coordinate and moderate the evaluation of proposals;
- Contributing to the Call Coordination process, if needed;
- Ensuring timely preparation of the Grant Agreements with the support of financial and legal staff, leading to Grant Agreement signature in accordance with H2020 rules;
- Following-up project implementation, monitoring contractual obligations via the supervision of reporting activities, conducting checks and reviews, attending project meetings and dealing with amendment requests;
- Ensuring the timely delivery of project results as well as their communication and dissemination;
- Contributing to the promotion of BBI JU activities through active participation to info sessions, to networking events and other communication events;
- Drafting the BBI JU annual activity report in areas under his/her direct responsibility;
- Leading key horizontal activities related to the work of BBI JU such as representing BBI JU for tasks related to the Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA) and the BBI JU Scientific Committee;
- Undertaking additional tasks as required in the interests of the service.
The place of employment is Brussels, where the JU premises are located.
Applications must be submitted by 22 August 2017, 23:59 CEST (Central European Summer Time / Brussels time).