The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) in Armenia in partnership with the Government of Armenia works to advance the national reform agenda, develop the capacities of counterparts at national, regional and local levels, as well as to promote and integrate the concept of sustainable development into decision making processes.
Under this framework, UNDP Environmental Governance (EG) portfolio works with the Government in enhancing national capacities for fulfilling obligations under multilateral environmental conventions, namely developing multi-year national action plans, ensure proper reporting, meaningful participation and involvement into negotiation processes.
UNDP EG portfolio is looking to recruit an intern that will support the EG portfolio communications, digital marketing and outreach activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of UNDP Armenia EG portfolio analyst and in close cooperation with the UNDP Communications Associate, performing the following functions:
- Support development and implementation of portfolio communication activities;
- Support development of portfolio outreach materials, project factsheets, maps, publications;
- Data visualization of EG projects’ knowledge products;
- Organise portfolio library, including creation of electronic library system;
- Draft articles, blogs and other content to capture the work of EG projects and share our learning with stakeholders;
- Assist the organization of PR and media events, including press conferences;
- Research in requested thematic areas;
- Provide other support and assistance as required.
- Strong data visualization and digital marketing skills;
- Strong analytical and writing skills;
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
- Strong research skills;
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to focus on a variety of tasks within a deadline-driven environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Applicant should be enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university/Master degree or higher in the field of Digital Communications, PR/Media, Environmental studies, or a related field) at the time of application and during the internship.
- Experience in communication strategy development and implementation is an asset;
- Experience in digital marketing and data visualization is an asset;
- Experience in research.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Application deadline: 19-Feb-15