Can you take bureaucratic jargon and turn it into plain English? Do you love web sites and have an affinity for good, creative writing? Do you know how to engage people with first-rate social media content?
The online team at UNDP’s Regional Centre for Europe and the CIS in Istanbul is looking for a web site intern, with highly developed English language editing, writing and tweeting skills to help them polish and create online content for their web site.
What type of work will you be doing?
- Cleaning up technical and programmatic text for online publication;
- Pulling together complex information to create a simple and user friendly experience for our web visitors;
- Identifying and following up on missing information;
- Helping produce and edit stories for web and their blog promoting UNDP’s work throughout Europe and Central Asia;
- Keeping up to date on new social media tools, best practice and how other organizations and companies are using them in order to identify new campaigning opportunities;
- Supporting the management of UNDP’s regional presence on social media including regular updates and personal communications with fans and followers;
- Helping manage multimedia digital content.
This is a great opportunity to learn about communications for development work, and you would be helping to articulate development results for UNDP in the region.
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Application deadline: 09-Apr-14