Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
ROLE PURPOSE: The Child Protection Project Manager will play a lead role in planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring a Child Protection project, with Save the Children International (SCI) focused on juvenile justice. S/he will have overall responsibility for delivery of timely results and for coordination with governmental, partner and community stakeholders. This role will also bear responsibility for coordination across Child protection projects and INGOs as well as networking with donor, partners and stakeholders and mobilizing advocacy on juvenile justice reform and contributing to Ministry of Justice national strategy and national child protection systems. . S/he will be responsible to manage the project team and partners to achieve the project’s expected results.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage project implementation and provide project team with needed technical and operational support to develop their plans and implement project activities.
- Maintain strong relations with relevant government entities; Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Social Solidarity, Ministry of Interior and National Council for childhood and Motherhood
- Develop project advocacy plans, events, and messages and engage with key players in the field and government sectors to support these initiatives.
- Ensure children’s rights perspective is included in project implementation, including technical support to programmes team in the development of project plans
- Coordinate with INGOs working in the area of juvenile justice, partners and stakeholders for advocacy campaigning and raising awareness on juvenile justice..
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in line with Save the Children’s policies and procedures, and in compliance with donor requirements and guidelines.
- Ensure proper coordination with SCI member to best practices and lessons learned from SCI global experiences on Juvenile justice is incorporated in project implementation
- Analyze and use project/field data to improve project implementation plans and monitoring outcomes
- Ensure proper use of designated project assets.
LOCATION: Cairo, Egypt
Application deadline: 15 February 2015