Internship – Digital Communications at UN ESCAP Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific
The internship at the Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology is for 3 months with an opportunity for extension, if required by the division.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
The intern will perform the following tasks as part of his/her internship:
Under the Overall supervision of The Head of APCTT,
1. In light of APCTT’s institutional programme and objectives, examine opportunities to utilize modern digital communications to enhance the outreach and visibility of the Centre’s operations by reaching its stakeholders across the Asia and the Pacific.
2. Based on a full understanding of APCTT’s institutional profile, develop elements of a digital communication strategy; provide recommendations on the approach to be used and prioritize the components to be implemented.
3. Strengthen the existing digital communications tools in use by the Centre, including its website, digital repository and online technology transfer and technology networking tools.
4. Based on a critical review, prepare any redevelopment of these tools in line with the broader digital strategy being developed by APCTT.
5. Develop some prototype digital communication tools for test and demonstration
6. Perform other related tasks from time to time as required by the Project Manager as well as Head of APCTT
Duty Station: New Delhi, India
Application deadline: 31 December 2014