VoteWatch is looking for Belgium-based
for a period of 4 months (February – May 2014)
to help implement its special project aimed at raising awareness of, and participation in, the European Parliament elections of 22-25 May 2014.
Two new websites (Electio2014.eu and PollWatch2014.eu) and associated online tools will be launched between the middle of February and early April. Electio2014.eu will be available in all 24 official EU languages.
Volunteers are expected to help the team with the following, in relation to the EU country they know best (which will normally be their country of origin and/or citizenship):
- Gathering and checking contact information on candidates standing in the European elections in their country of origin/citizenship;
- Compiling and checking a list of ‘opinion leaders’ (both civil society organisations and individual opinion leaders) whom we will approach for their views on a set of issues;
- Check the translation of the website and related tools into (one of) the language(s) of their country (the translation itself is provided by an outside agency);
- Assisting with the accurate collection and interpretation of opinion poll data from their country;
- Testing the websites and related tools ahead of their launch;
- Contributing to the Electio2014.eu blog with weekly/bi-weekly articles on the electoral campaigns and candidate selection process in a certain Member State (optional);
- Assisting with the dissemination of the websites and tools prior to and following their launch.
Location: Brussels / Belgium
Application deadline: 2 February 2014