The Youth Forum is looking for 20 enthusiastic and reliable volunteers to support the running of the EYE 2014!
In May 2014 the European Parliament in Strasbourg will open its doors to 5000 young people, inviting them to share their ‘ideas for a better Europe’ on five core themes:
• Youth Unemployment
• Digital Revolution
• Future of the EU
• European Values
The exciting European Youth Event 2014 will combine political discourse and educational workshops with music, artistic events and cultural activities, creating the perfect mix for an enjoyable and meaningful experience.
As a core partner of the EYE, the European Youth Forum will bring its successful YO! Fest to the event, comprising the interactive YO! Village, high profile concerts and the space for youth organisations and partners to meet and exchange with young participants. Theatrical, musical and artistic performances will occur throughout the village, encouraging interaction and stimulating participants to share their ideas and experiences. Diverse political workshops, activities as well as a living library will also be hosted, offering participants to engage in a wide variety of forums, touching upon the 5 main themes. Finally, the YO! Café will be an informal space to relax, meet people and discuss less formally about issues they are passionate about.
• Be aged between 18-35
• Have experience in youth organisations, preferably at European level
• Have experience in organizing or supporting international events
• Be well-organised with good communication skills
• Be flexible and a good team-player
• Be committed to take active part in the preparation meeting 17-19th February and the event itself including preparation days (May 6th – 11th)
• Have a good command of the English language and preferably knowledge of other EU languages (specifically French or German)
Application deadline: 15/01/2014 23:59 (CET)