OPEN TO INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CANDIDATES
Duty Station: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Position title: Head of Office
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term – 9 months, with a possibility of extension
Estimated Starting Date: As soon as possible
Reference Code: VN SI-2017-01
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Head of Office is under the Regional Office for the European Economic Area, EU and NATO in Brussels and is guided by the supervision of the Regional Director of that office. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring and overseeing the Programmes, Operations and the Administration and Finance teams, and closely cooperates with relevant missions in the field and units at Headquarters.
- Maintain liaison with local governmental authorities and diplomatic missions, UN agencies, international, regional and non-governmental organizations as well as voluntary agencies, airlines and public media in close coordination with the RD;
- Help promote the full range of IOM services in Slovenia and keep the Regional Office and HQs informed of relevant country specific concerns and programmatic developments;
- Assist in identifying and developing new project opportunities and fundraising strategies;
- Draft project documents and proposals for submission to potential donors, ensuring consistency with national and sub-regional priorities and available resources. Negotiate agreements with donors, in close coordination with the Regional Director and/or relevant units in HQ;
- Monitor the implementation of ongoing projects and operations and prepare progress reports as required. Provide guidance and information to resolve problems, analyze operational procedures and project effectiveness and recommend improvements. Ensures that signed agreements are followed and adhered to;
- Ensure financial sourcing of IOM programmes and projects and ensures full accountability for resources entrusted to IOM;
- Oversee the operational, administrative, budgetary and financial activities of the Office, as well as the supervision of its staff.
- Prepare regular and special reports covering IOM activities; prepare briefings and background information requested by HQ, the Government and other entities;
- Contribute to and provide assistance related to regional priorities
- Perform other related administrative and accounting duties as may be required.
a) Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism; b) Works effectively with clients and stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM c) Promotes continuous learning and communicates clearly d) Displays mastery of subject matter e) Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment f) Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
a) Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners b) Works effectively with stakeholders, beneficiaries and the broader community to advance global objectives
Education and Experience:
a)Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution preferably in political or social, law or business administration or advanced university degree in the above fields, b) Minimum of 2 year experience in the field and at national and international level in migration management and refugee related activities including operational and field experience, IOM project development and management, c) Ability and experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with national, regional and international institutions, d) Familiarity with financial and business administration, e) Good knowledge of and experience in, the culture and traditions of the country, f) Strong leadership and coordination management experience, g) Demonstrates good knowledge of IOM and UN mandates and programmes an advantage
Fluency in oral and written English and Slovenian required. Any other IOM official language is an advantage.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
This post is subject to local recruitment. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of duty station, and work permit, as applicable.
The working time will be 100% (8 hours per day).
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Motivation Letter in English) to ROBrusselsRMHR@IOM.int by 27th March 2017, referring to the above special vacancy notice number.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 13.03.2017 to 27.03.2017