Are you motivated to take the lead of exciting new projects and policy work for a European network of 29 YFU organisations? Would you describe yourself as a networker with strong organisational and leadership skills? Are you passionate about standing up for youth work and intercultural ideals, while keeping a close connection to grassroots volunteers and hands-on project work?
Founded in 1985, EEE-YFU supports its 29 national member YFU organisations through training, European advocacy and projects. For over 25 years EEE-YFU has organized the Young Europeans’ Seminar, an event which gathers together 600 exchange students and volunteers at the end of their exchange year. The Advocacy and Projects Co-ordinator will have the exciting opportunity to lead this established event as well as shape new flagship projects.
In the field of advocacy, EEE-YFU is the voice of YFU at European level in its promotion of YFU’s long-term intercultural youth exchanges. While much has been accomplished in working through European platforms and with volunteers, there is a will to take a more direct approach to advocacy as well as develop national YFU organisations’ advocacy capacity. The creation of an Advocacy and Projects Coordinator position reflects this priority.
- Co-ordinate planning and implementation of EEE-YFU’s advocacy work with European institutions and partners, combining efforts with member organisations
- Represent EEE-YFU externally and develop relationships with relevant decision-makers and shapers
- Support member organisations to develop their capacity in advocacy
- Develop an evidence based approach to EEE-YFU’s advocacy work
- Lead and co-ordinate EEE-YFU projects and events, including the Young Europeans’ Seminar
- Oversee quality assurance, evaluation, reporting, and knowledge management in EEE-YFU projects
- Draft, monitor and report on execution of project budgets of over 100,000 euro and ensure their administrative support
- Develop external funding proposals and manage grants (e.g. Erasmus+ programme)
Facilitate and support groups of volunteers in their contributions to EEE-YFU’s advocacy and projects
Contract type: a Belgian permanent contract (CDI) at 30 hours (4 days) per week
Beginning of position: October 2014
Application deadline: 3 September 2014