Senior Project Officer (Grade B5)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Chisinau
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Head of the Human Rights National Implementation Division of the Directorate General of Human Rights and Rule of Law of the Council of Europe, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to meet the objectives for the implementation of the Project ‘Promoting human rights compliant criminal justice system in the Republic of Moldova’, in co-operation with the donor, project stakeholders in compliance with the Organisation’s regulations and/or donor requirements.
Note: The incumbent may be required to travel within the Republic of Moldova and abroad.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project which is expected to end on 28 February 2021.
The incumbent performs the following key duties in close co-ordination with the Project management, in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- plans, organises, implements and follows up on Project’s activities in accordance with the Project’s work plan and in co-operation with local partners and stakeholders;
- contributes to reports and other documents resulting from the activities, as well as thematic and other documents related to the Project objectives;
- participates in Project meetings and events and undertakes follow-up action in coordination with the Project manager as required;
- provides legal and organisational assistance, including to headquarters-based staff and short-term consultants when carrying out tasks and missions in the field;
- monitors political, social and legislative sector-related developments in the country to identify opportunities and risks which may contribute to or hamper effective Project implementation; provides briefs to the Project management and advises on suitable action;
- provides legal advice and organisational support for adjustments to the content and methodology of the work plan and activities;
- liaises with the counterparts in the beneficiary institutions assigned to the Project under the supervision of the Project management;
- contributes to processing and checking the expert opinions, training and awareness materials produced under the Project;
- ensures the implementation of procurement procedures in the context of the preparation of Project activities;
- contributes to close budgetary follow-up of Project expenditures;
- carries out other tasks as may be required connected to the Project’s implementation;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and the Project management.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Closing date: 03 April 2018