The Delegation of the European Union to China is looking for a Trainee for its Science, Technology and Environment Section for a period of maximum 6 consecutive months.
Preliminary: the Trainee will not be an employee of the Delegation of the European Union to China and Mongolia. No contractual relationship will be established under this traineeship andno remuneration will be offered.
Traineeships are addressed mainly to young university graduates who have limited professional experience or who are starting a professional career. Traineeships may also be offered to students in their last years of University, in particular when traineeship can be a complement to their academic training.
● research and analyse information
● draft analytical reports on policies and sector developments in China
● attend and participate in meetings, seminars and conferences in Beijing
● support the section in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions
The traineeship offers opportunities for contacts with the Chinese authorities, European counterparts (companies, institutions, …) and EU Member States. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to learn working methods and policies within a wide range of sectors.
Candidates must be:
● EU or Chinese nationals
● young graduates with a University diploma or be studying in a University or relevant academic centre
● fluent in English and good knowledge of Chinese
● highly motivated, willing to learn and able to work both in a multi-cultural team and to carry out tasks independently
● demonstrate strong research, writing and analysis skills
● skilled in using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Knowledge & experience:
● Relevant professional experience should not exceed a maximum of one year
● Candidates who have already worked for an EU institution for a period of time, included Blue Book stagiaires are not eligible for this traineeship
● Traineeship is based at the Delegation of the European Union to China and Mongolia in Beijing
● Period of the traineeship is from 29 May to 30 November 2015
● Traineeship is full time (40 hours per week)
● The trainee will need to provide prove of sickness and accident insurance coverage in China which covers expenses occurred in China. For expatriate trainees, insurance with specific repatriation coverage is necessary
● All costs related to travel, accommodation, visa, sickness and accident insurance, possible repatriation insurance, etc. for the time spent during the duration of the traineeship in China are borne by the trainee.
A Traineeship Agreement will be signed between the Traineeship Supervisor and the selected trainee before the start date of the traineeship. The trainee will have to declare that there is no real or potential conflict of interest and that he will observe a duty of discretion and non-disclosure of information.
Application deadline: 15 March 2015.