«

»

Print this Post

Professor in Globalisation and Development required


Maastricht_University_logoThe Department of Technology and Society Studies (TSS) of the Maastricht University is looking f or an

Associate Professor in Globalisation and Development with specialization in Transnational approaches 1.0 fte

Maastricht University is renowned for its problem-based learning (PBL) system based on a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is concentrated in research institutes and schools and is characterized by its multidisciplinary and thematic approach. Maastricht University has around 14,500 students and 3,800 employees. Reflecting the university’s strong international profile, a fair number of both students and staff are from abroad. The university has six faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.

The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS) has a staff of about 250, and about 1900 students. All programmes are offered in English.

FASoS is seeking an associate professor with demonstrated excellence in teaching and research in Globalisation and Development Studies with special attention to transnational approaches.

S/He will contribute to the teaching and coordination of courses and supervision of internships, projects and theses primarily in the Master Globalisation & Development Studies (MA GDS), and the Minor Globalisation and Poverty. Over 45 students, most of them international, are currently registered on the Master programme. Furthermore the candidate will be involved in new initiatives to bring teaching on the Global South more into our Bachelor programmes.

Research is carried out within the context of the Research Institute Arts and Social Sciences and, in particular, relating to the interdisciplinary research programme Globalisation, Transnationalism and Development.  S/He is expected to develop international research projects and to attract external funding. The teaching and management duties will take about 60% of time, with research making up the other 40%.

Appointment date: June 1, 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter.

The deadline for submitting application is 15 December 2013.

Read more and apply here.

Permanent link to this article: http://www.cosmopolitalians.eu/professor-globalisation-development-required/

Read previous post:
Call for Participants: Capacity building for work in and with conflict regions

International seminar about capacity building of volunteers working in conflict areas will be taking place from 20.1.2014. - 27.1.2014. in...

Close