The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), based in Parma, Italy is looking for a Security Officer Junior Officer Position (Temporary Agent AD 5)
IS THIS JOB FOR YOU
Do you have a solid knowledge in the field of security management? EFSA are looking for a dynamic candidate able to provide strategic input on security matters and motivated to implement innovative and effective tools to raise awareness on security aspects among EFSA’s key stakeholders. As Security Officer you will need a strong ability to adapt and evolve according to the structural and operational developments of the organisation as well as the ever-changing environment posed by the outside world.
If you see yourself in the above description, then this job could be right for you.
The Security Officer will be employed in the Corporate Services (CORSER) Unit, within the Resources and Support (RESU) Department.
The mission of the RESU Department is to provide EFSA with framework conditions for a modern and professional public administration, to ensure that EFSA operates within an effective and controlled environment, and that all EFSA Departments can rely on a set of integrated operational support services.
The mission of CORSER is to provide a series of efficient services to ensure environmentally responsible and secure premises adapted to the performance of EFSA activities, logistical support to meeting organisation, organisational support to events, mailing services, archive and physical document management, on-site catering services.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will report to the CORSER Head of Unit and will be responsible for:
- Assessing and proposing all measures necessary to ensuring the most effective and efficient solutions in terms of security, such as protection of EFSA’s activities, assets and information;
- Supporting and ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of all essential measures (physical, document and electronic security) to provide a safe and secure environment;
- Maintaining existing EFSA security-related documentation up-to-date as well as developing initiatives, processes and guidelines providing policy advice in the different areas of security (physical, document and electronic security).
- Acting as Business Continuity Officer ensuring the implementation of the business continuity strategy set by the organisation;
- Constantly identifying and proposing all measures necessary to ensure the most effective and efficient solutions in terms of business continuity, such as reduction of RTO/RPO and state-of-the-art fully automated failover systems.
In relation to the above mentioned areas the successful candidate shall also be responsible for:
- Providing swift communication, advice, guidance and support;
- Raising awareness among staff through effective communication and the development of educational initiatives;
- Creating written reports, briefing notes, and general communication;
- Liaising and coordinating efficiently with the relevant National Law Enforcement Authorities.
- Ensuring continuous high level of performance via regular auditing activities.
GENERAL ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSES:
- Contributing when necessary to all administrative processes and procedures (tendering, budget-related and financial aspects, etc.) ensuring that the most effective measures are implemented.
EFSA can offer the selected candidate a contract of 5 years with the possibility of renewal. The successful candidate will be recruited as Temporary Agent AD5. The basic monthly salary for AD5 step 1 is € 4,384.38 and for AD5 step 2 (3 years or more professional experience after obtaining minimum qualifications) is € 4,568.62, subject to an annual review of remuneration provided for in Article 65(1) of the Staff Regulations.
Location: Parma, Italy
Application deadline: 9 June 2015 at midnight