Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Assistant (Closing date: 6 September 2017) – Twinning number: MD 13 ENPI JH 05 17 (MD/21)
European Union Twinning Project
Twinning number: MD 13 ENPI JH 05 17 (MD/21)
“Support to the strengthening of the operational capacities of the Law Enforcement Agencies of the Republic of Moldova in the field of prevention and investigation of criminal acts of corruption”
is seeking to recruit Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Assistant
Duration: Total Project duration 24 months, indicative start date: end of September or October 2017
Work place is based in Chisinau
Maximum Gross monthly salary: 1.100 EUR
Contract type: fixed term service contract
The RTA Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
1. RTA assistant
- Act as a principal assistant to the RTA and visiting short term experts;
- Assisting to the RTA with project co-ordination and management;
- Assisting to the RTA in organization of experts’ missions, trainings, seminars, workshops, steering committee meetings, and other project events;
- Overall management of the office administration, including filing, organizing trainings, expert missions, local travels, general desk office work etc.;
- Assisting in organization of meetings in cooperation with RTA and Moldovan partners, preparing meeting agenda and taking minutes;
- Drafting and editing of minutes of meetings, assisting to the RTA in drafting and editing monthly, quarterly and final project reports and any other relevant documents;
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships with Lithuanian, Romanian, Finnish and Moldovan officials involved in each of the activities and the project management;
- Assisting in handling of budget accounting;
- Arrangement of travel, booking accommodation and study visits;
- Office management, monitoring telephone and general correspondence.
Requirements for the RTA assistant:
- be of Moldovan nationality or having valid residence and working permits;
- University degree in law;
- The RTA assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration, namely the National Anti-Corruption Centre of the Republic of Moldova, Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs, General Police Inspectorate and Customs Service of the Republic of Moldova;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Romanian and Russian languages;
- Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- the RTA assistant must be able to work fairly independently as well as part of a team and be initiative and flexible;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Some understanding of financial management;
- Excellent abilities in drafting documents.
The following skills will be considered as an asset for RTA assistant:
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA Assistant in a former Twinning project;
- Knowledge of Moldovan legislative framework in the area of anti-corruption activities and pre-trial investigation;
- Communication skills;
- Experience of working in an international environment.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their (1) CV and a (2) letter of application (motivation) in English via e-mail to the following address: RTA Mr. Irmantas Mikelionis email@example.com and Mr. Dalius Kontrimavičius firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 September 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a pre-selection interview. Interviews preliminary are scheduled to be held in September 2017 in the premises of the National Anti-Corruption Centre of the Republic of Moldova, Stefan cel Mare avenue, 198, Chisinau MD-2004, Republic of Moldova. For any further information please contact RTA Mr. Irmantas Mikelionis email@example.com and Mr. Dalius Kontrimavičius firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is an EU funded joint project between Lithuania, represented by the Special Investigation Service of the Republic of Lithuania, the Prosecution Service of the Republic of Lithuania, the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania, the Police Department under the Ministry of the Interior and Customs Department under the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania, Romania, represented by the Anti-Corruption General Directorate of the Republic of Romania, Finland, represented by the HAUS Finnish Institute of Public Management Ltd and Republic of Moldova, represented by the National Anti-Corruption Centre of the Republic of Moldova, Anti-Corruption Prosecutor’s Office, Ministry of Internal Affairs, General Police Inspectorate and Customs Service of the Republic of Moldova. The project implementation will last 24 months.
The purpose of the project is to support the Republic of Moldova in Strengthening of the institutional capacities of Law Enforcement Agencies of Moldova, including National Anti-Corruption Centre, Prosecution offices, Ministry of Interior, General Police Inspectorate, Customs Service, in order to increase the efficiency in the fight against corruption.
The selected person will be a self-employed independent consultant under a Service Contract and will undertake full responsibility for the payment of all taxes and obligations deriving from the legislation in force in the Republic of Moldova, including for those related to medical and social insurance. The RTA Assistant will carry his/her duties and tasks on the base of contract concluded with the Contracting Authority.
Application deadline: 6 September 2017