European Union-funded twinning project “Support to the Ministry on Labour and Social Protection of the population in modernising public employment services in the republic of Azerbaijan” is seeking to recruit Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Language Assistant
Project duration: 24 months
Work place is based in Baku
Maximum Gross monthly salary: 1.500 EUR
Contract type: fixed term service contract
The RTA Language Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
1. RTA language assistant
- Act as a language assistant to the RTA and assist visiting short term experts;
- Translate all material related to the Project co-ordination and management (on any issues relevant to the Project where separate arrangements for commercial translation or interpretations have not been made) in Azerbaijani-English v.v. and Russian-English v.v.;
- Translate working materials for the events relevant to the Project activities in Azerbaijani-English v.v. and Russian-English v.v.;
- Translate products created by experts (e.g. comparative studies, proposals, draft laws, legal acts) in Azerbaijani-English v.v. and Russian-English v.v.;
- Interpret during experts’ missions, trainings, seminars, workshops, steering committee meetings and other Project events in Azerbaijani-English v.v. and Russian-English v.v.;
- Interpret during the RTA or experts’ meetings with representatives from other institutions of the Beneficiary Country in Azerbaijani-English v.v. and Russian-English v.v.;
- Develop and maintain close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country officials involved in each of the activities and the Project management;
- Perform all other duties assigned, e.g. cooperate and work with the RTA assistant in daily management of the project related activities, accompany and interpret for participants of study visits, as appropriate.
Requirements for the RTA language assistant:
- Language, Translation, or Interpretation Studies or important working experience as translator;
- RTA language assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration, namely the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, Azerbaijani and Russian;
- Proven experience in translation and interpretation;
- Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
The following skills will be considered an asset for the RTA language assistant:
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA assistant and/or RTA language assistant in a former Twinning project;
- Experience in employment and social security related translation and interpretation would be an asset;
- Communication skills;
- Experience of working in an international environment;
- Knowledge of the Lithuanian and/or German;
- Team player.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their (1) CV and a (2) letter of application (motivation) in English via e-mail to the following address: RTA Ms. Audra Mikalauskaitė Audra.Mikalauskaite@socmin.lt and Ms. Austėja Vilkelytė firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th of September 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a pre-selection interview. Interviews are scheduled to be held in the second part of September 2017 in the premises of the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 85 Salatın Asgarova street, Baku, Azerbaijan. For any further information please contact RTA Ms. Audra Mikalauskaitė by e-mail Audra.Mikalauskaite@socmin.lt and Ms. Austėja Vilkelytė email@example.com.
The above-mentioned Twinning project is a joint project between Lithuania, represented by the Ministry of Social Security and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania, the Lithuanian Labour Exchange and the Central Project Management Agency, Austria, represented by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection, the Public Employment Service Austria and the Agency for Economic Cooperation and Development, Sweden, represented by the Swedish Public Employment Service and Azerbaijan, represented by the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The project implementation will last 24 months.
The purpose of the project is to strengthen the institutional capacity, management and operation of the State Employment Service, to modernise and expand public employment services ensuring better addressing the needs of jobseekers and employers in the Republic of Azerbaijan.