European Union Twinning Project
Twinning number: MK 14 IPA JH 01 17
“Further development of the capacities for crime scene investigation”
is seeking to recruit Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA) Language Assistant
Duration: 21 months (indicative start date: December/January 2017)
Work place is based in Skopje (possible travels to other cities during the assessment missions and trainings)
Contract type: fixed term service contract
The RTA Language Assistant will report directly and will be supervised by the RTA.
1. RTA Language Assistant
- Act as a Language Assistant to the RTA and assist visiting Project Leader, Short Term Experts;
- Translate all material related to the project implementation (on any issues relevant to the project where separate arrangements for commercial translation or interpretations have not been made) in Macedonian-English languages and v.v.;
- Translate working materials for the events relevant to the project activities in Macedonian-English languages and v.v.;
- Translate products created by experts (e.g. comparative studies, proposals, draft laws, legal acts) in Macedonian-English languages and v.v.;
- Interpret during experts’ missions, trainings, seminars, workshops, steering committee meetings and other project events in Macedonian-English languages and v.v.;
- Interpret during the RTA or experts’ meetings with representatives from other institutions of the Beneficiary Country in Macedonian-English languages and v.v.;
- Translate video materials of Standard Operating Procedures (from English to Macedonian language) and record the audio tracks in Macedonian language;
- Develop and maintain close working contacts and relationships with Beneficiary Country officials involved in each of the activities and the project management;
- Perform all other duties assigned, e.g. cooperate and work with the RTA assistant in daily management of the project related activities, accompany and interpret for participants of study visits, as appropriate.
Requirements for the RTA Language Assistant:
- Language, Translation or Interpretation Diploma or important working experience as translator/interpreter;
- RTA Language Assistant may not have or recently (past six months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration, namely the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Beneficiary Country;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Macedonian languages;
- Proven experience in translation and interpretation;
- Computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet);
- Excellent organizational and communication skills’;
- Team player.
The following skills will be considered an asset for the RTA Language Assistant:
- Experience in EU funded projects, especially as RTA Assistant and/or RTA Language Assistant in Twinning project;
- Experience in Rule of law and home affairs related translation and interpretation would be an asset;
- Experience of working in an international environment.
Application deadline: 25 September 2017