Job Reference Number 2642630
Job Type Corporate and Support Services
Schedule Fixed term
Job Location UK/Europe; Belgium; Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest
What we offer:
The research assistant role will give recent graduates and young professionals with a particular interest in economic research the opportunity to better understand how European economic trends impact the decision making at the political and industrial level vis-a-vis selected target markets.
This is a six month paid internship.
The role will include:
The Research Assistant, with specific technical inputs and guidance from sector experts, will draft a series of European sector studies. These will cover different trade sectors by producing strategic insights based on analysis of economic factors including market size, trends, trade statistics, clusters and companies. Sectors include:
- Mobility solutions for green energy technologies
- Service providers for:
- Healthcare and Medical Technologies
- Green Energy Technologies
- Environment and Water Technologies
In addition to producing sector studies the research assistant will be responsible for ongoing sector trends monitoring and reporting in support to the team.
- University degree (or currently finishing a degree) in economics, international relations or any other relevant field;
- Excellent command of English;
- Proven analytical and research skills combined with the ability to write well-structured, clear and concise reports on a given topic;
- Strong interest in issues related to private sector development, international trade, market trends;
- Strong command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- A good team player with proven ability to thrive in an international environment;
- Ability to prioritise tasks while working under tight deadlines.
- Allowed to work in Belgium.
Starting period: January 2018
This is an exciting opportunity to work in our dynamic multicultural Brussels team which forms a part of a growth oriented international organisation.
Please visit www.cardno.com/emergingmarkets to learn more about us.
If interested and qualified, please send your CV and a cover letter to Recruit.Brussels@Cardno.com mentioning “Research Assistant” in your email subject, by 10th December 2017. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Application deadline: 10 December 2017