The European Asylum Support Office (EASO) supports Member States whose asylum and reception systems are under particular pressure.
The project “Promoting the participation of European Neighbourhood Policy countries in the work of EU agencies” will be implemented within the framework of the EASO external dimension. The aim of the project is to promote the participation of Jordan in the work of EASO, as well as the participation of Tunisia and Morocco in the work of EASO and Frontex. It is funded by an EU grant of approximately 1 million EUR for an 18 months period.
The Project Coordinator will be working in the Centre for Operational Support and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Day-to-day management, planning and implementation of the project activities;
- Communicate with project partners, stakeholders, experts, contractors on matters related to project activities (i.e. draft invitation letters, agenda of meetings, etc.);
- Coordinate logistical and administrative arrangements of meetings, trainings, workshops, study visits and other project activities;
- Manage and monitor the budget;
- Lead the drafting of narrative and financial reports and monitor/evaluate the relevant project activities;
- Formulate and update work plans and draft resource planning;
- Liaise with project partners and with the European Commission on administrative and financial requirements;
- Manage the coordination and monitoring of the work of external service providers contracted to perform specific project activities (i.e. translation of training modules, interpretation during workshops, visibility materials);
- Support the implementation of activities on the ground (including targeted visits to the beneficiary countries);
- Provide specific strategic input and advice to the project coordinator in project development and project management;
- Perform any other duties required in the interest of the project.
The place of employment is Valletta Harbour (Malta).
The closing date for submission of the applications is 28th of March 2014 at 13:00hrs (Brussels time).