The Delegation of the European Union (EU) to Malaysia is seeking a candidate with relevant qualification in accounting, financial management or general business administration. Candidates without such a qualification but who have at least four years professional experience working in Accounting are also invited to apply.
Job Title: Accountant
Job location : Delegation Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Gross monthly salary with 5 years of experience: MYR 4,731.00
Overall purpose: The Accountant will assist in the administrative and financial management of the Delegation according to the functions & duties specified below:
Functions and Duties:
- Assist HoA in accounting and financial management;
- Process all payments and purchase orders;
- Handle petty cash;
- Assist in the preparation of the Delegation’s budget estimations and servicing costs. Supervision of the implementation of approved budget and specific budget lines;
- Assist in the preparation of Delegation’s reporting to HQ;
- Assist in administration matters (HR management, missions, leave planning, local staff matters, payroll, insurance, provident funds, severance grant etc.);
- Contact local authorities and prepare documents concerning customs clearance procedures on importation of goods; personal effects; purchase or sales of service and private vehicles;
- Follow implementation for contracts of office, housing (residence, accommodation of other staff) and office equipment;
- Assist HoA with infrastructure activities concerned with office and residential maintenance, transport and similar services;
- Responsible for the up keeping of the Inventory (records and database) of items and goods (office and accommodations)
- Participate at the organisation of Delegation’s events, as required;
- With the agreement of HoA and HoD, substitute for HoA in his absence;
- To undertake other assignments that may be requested for the efficient functioning of the Delegation administration.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 21 March 2014.