Project Assistants (Grade B1/B2)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Tunis
Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the respective Head of Division, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to assist in the implementation of projects in the Council of Europe’s fields of activities, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders, and in compliance with procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality.
The current vacancies are foreseen in the framework of the Council of Europe/European Union Joint Programmes on ‘Improving the functioning, performance and access to justice in Tunisia’ (AP-JUST) and ‘Project to support independent bodies in Tunisia’ (PAII-T).
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- ensures the administrative assistance and the organisational support for the implementation of the project;
- carries out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events; follows up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organises travel, visa and accommodation for staff members and experts; deals with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- processes purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- processes and drafts correspondence, documents, presentations and assists in preparing reports;
- proofreads and corrects linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; checks translations; organises the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receives, reviews and dispatches incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- records, maintains and updates a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- […] works in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- reports to the supervisor on activities in progress and if and when problems occur;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, colleagues and the direct project management;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that you may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Tunis
Closing date: 21 January 2019