Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Podgorica
Under the authority of the Co-ordinator for the CoE/EU Horizontal Facility and the supervision of the respective Head of Division in the Directorate for Human Rights and Rule of Law, the Project Assistant will carry out multiple assignments needed for the implemenation of interventions under the Tri-Annual Plan of Action (TAPA) under the “EU/CoE Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey”, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders, and in compliance with the organisation’s regulations and/or donor requirements.
The interventions will address one or several of the following themes:
– Ensuring Justice
– Fighting Corruption, Economic Crime and Organised Crime
– Promoting Anti-Discrimination and Protection of the Rigths of Vulnerable Groups
Employment is limited to the duration of the Projects (between 18 and 24 months).
The Project Assistant performs the following key duties in close co-operation with the Project team, and in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- provides administrative support to the daily implementation of activities as in TAPA (production and distribution of documents, translations, practical organisation of meetings, invoice control);
- assists in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the activities of the Project, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- follows up work or activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- makes practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation);
- drafts and formats correspondence, memos, documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- supports communication and visibility linked to relevant interventions (updates websites/social media, communication material, organisation of visibility events, preparation of press files);
- prepares the submission of financial support documents for final payment and reimbursement of experts; provides and verifies any other financial information and documentation as regards the activities implemented;
- assists in ensuring budgetary follow-up of the organisation of activities at every stage;
- organises and keeps project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Programme Co-ordinator and the direct project management.
Note: The incumbent may be required to travel.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 28 July 2016
Location : Podgorica, Montenegro