Project Assistant for the European Union Prize for Literature (EUPL)
The aim of the European Prize for Literature is to put the spotlight on the creativity and diverse wealth of Europe’s contemporary literature in the field of fiction, to promote the circulation of literature within Europe and encourage greater interest in non-national literary works.
As the Consortium selected by the Commission to coordinate the initiative, the European Booksellers Federation (EBF), the European Writers’ Council (EWC) and the Federation of European Publishers (FEP) are jointly responsible for the setting up of the national juries and the practical organisation of the award ceremony.
The project assistant will take part in all the activities of the Consortium made of EBF/FEP/EWC and will in particular be in charge of:
- following up each step of the production of the book, leaflet, and all the communication products under the authority of the consortium and in particular of EBF
- managing the practical aspects of the involvement of authors such as providing them with the information needed for their presence at the ceremony
- drafting press releases, managing databases, compiling lists as required by the consortium partners
- drafting minutes of internal and EC meetings
- Generally speaking, performing all tasks necessary in view of the ceremony to be held on 18 November 2014. under the authority of the consortium and in particular of FEP.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Type of contract: Temporary (6 months)- July to December 2014
Gross salary: 2,000 € per month
Application deadline: 15th March 2014