The Delegation of the European Union to the People’s Republic of China is looking for Temporary Project Officer of EU or Chinese nationality to work till the end of June 2014 in the Operations Section.
- Under the supervision of project officer, assisting with the management of projects and programs in the following fields of co-operation:
- Trade and Private sector Development;
Functions and duties:
- Assisting with the management of devolved projects and programs throughout the project cycle, including identification, appraisal, monitoring of implementation, approval of work-plans and progress reports, screening of draft contracts, preparation of external monitoring and evaluation missions;
- Engagement with external contractors (technical assistance providers, monitors, evaluators, etc);
- Project-related liaison with national authorities, beneficiaries, project management units, stakeholders;
- Liaison with relevant officers in other sections of the Delegation and with task managers at Headquarters
- Analytical work and preparation of minor reports
- Reporting to the Head of Section on portfolio of responsibilities;
- Contribute to the horizontal tasks of the Delegation.
Application deadline: 17 hrs (GMT +8) on 28th February 2014.