Project Assistant (Grade B2)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Yerevan
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will carry out will multiple assignments to help meet the overall and specific objectives for the implementation of the Project “Strengthening the application of European human rights standards in the armed forces”, in compliance with the Organisation’s values, regulations and/or donor requirements.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project (28 months) which is expected to start on 1 September 2016.
The incumbent performs the following key duties in close co-operation with the Project team, and in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- assists in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the activities of the Project, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- follows up work or activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- makes practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation and meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation);
- drafts and formats correspondence, memos, documents, contract letters and financial arrangements in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- prepares the submission of financial support documents for final payment and reimbursement of experts; provides and verifies any other financial information and documentation as regards the activities implemented;
- assists in ensuring budgetary follow-up of the organisation of activities at every stage;
- organises and keeps project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team and the Office;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office and the direct project management.
Note: The incumbent may be required to travel within Armenia.
Location : Yerevan
Closing date: 17 August 2016