Office Assistant (Grade B3)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Yerevan
Under the authority of the Head of Office, the Office Assistant will carry out a variety of administrative assignments in compliance with the Council of Europe’s procedures, guidelines and priorities.
The Office Assistant performs the following key duties:
- assist the Head of Office and Deputy Head of Office in the daily running of the Office;
- ensure the administrative assistance and the organisational support for the activities of the Office, including the organisation of meetings and preparation of meeting files;
- update and maintain the Office’s agenda, making appointments as requested;
- prepare travel arrangements via the internal travel management system;
- prepare, process, format and update agendas, correspondence, files, presentations and other documents and assist in preparing reports;
- organise and maintain the Office’s central files: official reports, expertise and other documents relating to the country, outgoing and incoming correspondence, lists comprising contact data for national officials, diplomatic missions and international organisations, mass-media, NGOs, and others;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents as relevant within the Office;
- provide linguistic assistance in translating/summarising texts;
- publish documents online and update the Office website;
- seek and collect information and documentation and data on request; keep information accurate and up to date;
- co-ordinate input from Project teams to contributions and correspondence and ensure follow-up;
- perform reception duties, receiving visitors, answer and filter telephone calls;
- assist in the preparation of delegation visits and Council of Europe events (seminars, conferences, roundtables, etc…) including, where required, arranging hotel reservations, transport, interpretation services, documentation, etc;
- report on activities in progress and when problems occur;
- provide ad hoc interpretation during meetings and interviews;
- maintain internal and external contacts;
- promote the Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Employment is offered on an annual basis, with the possibility of renewal.
Location : Yerevan, Armenia
Closing date: 04 July 2016