Associazione Italiana di Sociologia – AIS
Sezione di “Sociologia dell’Educazione” – “Sociology of Education”
“Italian Journal of Sociology of Education”
Call for Articles – Youth Work Non-Formal Education And Youth Participation
Priority will be accorded to articles focusing on topics such as:
– the comparison between different local and national traditions of youth work, with specific attention to non-formal education, informal learning and youth participation
– the role of non-formal and informal learning within national and European youth and educational policies and its transformations over the last decades;
– the pathways towards recognition and validation of knowledge, skills and competence of young people acquired through non-formal education;
– the relationship between youth work and non-formal education, their role as incubators of youth capabilities and agent of innovation; the impact of non-formal and informal education on young people’s life trajectories;
– the new forms of youth participation, particularly as an opportunity for young people to exercise decision-making and to play a responsible role in the design and implementation of policies affecting their lives;
– the forms of participation based on the interaction between young people and adults aimed at developing non-formal education projects and chances of informal learning for youth;
– the relationship between youth policies and youth participation; the role of youth
– the challenges for, and the transformation of, youth policies at national and the European level towards the recognition of youth work from political, social and economic systems;
– and more in general, the relationship between youth work, non-formal education and youth participation
February 15, 2014: Submission deadline of abstracts for the Thematic Issue
March 1, 2014: Notification of accepted abstracts
June 1, 2014: Submission of papers
October 15, 2014: reviewers’ feedback* sent to authors (accepted/revise and resubmit/rejected).
* IJSE adopts a blind reviewing policy, where both the referees and author(s) remain anonymous throughout the
process. Each article is reviewed by at least two referees.
November, 15, 2014: Submission of the revised paper (if needed)
February, 2015: online publication.