Project Officer (Grade B4)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Yerevan
Under the authority of the Head of Office and the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Officer assists with the implementation of the Project “Strengthening the application of European human rights standards in the armed forces”, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders, and in compliance with the Organisation’s values, regulations and/or donor requirements.
Employment is limited to the duration of the Project (28 months) which is expected to start on 1 September 2016.
The incumbent performs the following key duties in close co-operation with the Project team, and in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality::
- assists with the organisation, co-ordination and implementation of project activities in accordance with the project work plan and its calendar of activities, under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- contributes to the preparation of documents (e.g. reports, briefings, speaking notes), including editing documents prepared by non-native speakers (in English/Armenian);
- ensures consistency of the documents prepared;
- assists in organisation and participates in meetings, seminars, working groups, etc. related to the activities of the projects;
- liaises with the project team in the field and in headquarters;
- assists in preparation, control and follow-up on budgetary and financial issues related to the project activities;
- participates in the evaluation of projects in order to identify appropriate adjustments;
- contributes to project reporting in line with requirements;
- liaises with stakeholders such as project consultants, beneficiary institutions, donors and other partners as regards the implementation of project activities;
- assists experts and consultants when on mission in Armenia;
- contributes to raising the visibility of the project by preparing visibility materials, preparing news and disseminating information to those concerned;
- carries out allocated assignments for other activities organised by the relevant Division/Department;
- reports to superiors on the results achieved, on further requirements, risks and opportunities of developments or events;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally;
- contributes to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office and the direct project management.
Note: The incumbent may be required to travel within Armenia.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Yerevan, Armenia
Closing date: 17 August 2016