Project Assistant (Grade B1/B2)
Office of the Directorate General of Programmes
Council of Europe Office in Sarajevo
Under the authority of the Head of Office, and the supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will carry out multiple assignments to assist in the implementation of the Project ‘Structured sentence management for violent and extremist prisoners in Bosnia and Herzegovina’, in co-operation with the donors, partners and other stakeholders.
Employment is foreseen for the duration of the project that is expected to end on 31 October 2020.
The incumbent performs the following key duties in accordance with the Organisation’s procedures, guidelines and priorities, with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality:
- assists in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the activities of the Project, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- follows up work or activities in progress and reports to the supervisor, especially if and when problems occur;
- provides logistical and administrative assistance to the project team, as well as experts and consultants;
- makes practical arrangements connected to project activities (travel, visa requests, accommodation, meeting venue bookings, local transport arrangements, interpretation etc.);
- assists in initiating purchase orders and follows up on payment and reimbursement procedures;
- follows up on any other financial information and documentation to be submitted to Cost Centre Manager;
- drafts and formats contractual engagements, correspondence, memos and documents in line with instructions and relevant procedures;
- organises and keeps project documents and files up to date (activity planning, official reports, expertise and other documents, outgoing and incoming correspondence, contact lists);
- ensures that the financial documentation related to the project implementation is complete and accurate, properly filed, and properly archived in both electronic format and hard copy upon the completion of the project;
- provides inputs into ensuring the visibility of the Project, including regular updates of the website and dissemination of visibility materials;
- ensures the circulation of pertinent information and documents among the project team, the Office and headquarters; carries out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation;
- promotes Council of Europe values internally and externally.
Please note that you may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Closing date: 22 January 2019
Read more and apply on the Council of Europe website.