The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents more than 90 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The Forum is recruiting a Policy Officer. The successful candidate will work in the Policy Development and Advocacy Department and will report to the Coordinator for the related area. The Policy Officer work will focus on youth policy with a strong element on the structured dialogue.
Under the current Work Plan (2013-2014) of the European Youth Forum, the successful candidate will coordinate the work in the field of Youth Policy. Youth Policy is at the core of the work of the European Youth Forum aiming at developing policies answering the needs of young people. The successful candidate will coordinate the work of the structured dialogue in cooperation with the European Commission and the Member States.
• Strategically plan and implement the work for the structured dialogue with the governments and youth organisations (project management)
• Strategically plan and implement advocacy actions regarding youth policy. Continue building the strong network with the various relevant actors, mostly in Europe, in the field of youth policy (civil society and institutional partners such as the European Union institutions and the Council of Europe)
• Monitor and report on developments in the field of youth policy, and provide information on this to the Board and Member Organisations;
• Organise and run international meetings, seminars, debates, training and networking events;
• Oversee budget lines which have been allocated to the working area;
• Draft policy documents, briefings, reports, working and strategy papers;
• Write content for internal and external European Youth Forum publications and other communication channels;
• Assist with other services provided by the European Youth Forum as necessary.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The duration of the contract is five years. The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary (for a SP1 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is 2.754,00 Euro. A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available. Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
Deadline for Applying: 24 August 2014, 23h59 CET