Job Location: Vienna, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department
Area of activity: Legal research and analysis
Function Group: FG IV
Status: Contract Agent
The mission of the Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department is to conduct research and provide evidence based advice on issues of racism, xenophobia and related intolerance, discrimination on all grounds; Roma and migrant integration; the rights of the child; in addition, the Department is responsible for the production of all FRA reports, coordinating the Agency’s Annual Report, as well as an EU-wide network of contractors, FRANET. The Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department works closely with the other research department of the Agency, Freedoms and Justice, as well as with the Agency’s Communication and Outreach Department.
The Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department is composed of five sectors:
- Equality; dealing mainly with issues of equality concerning racial or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, age and gender; in addition, the sector coordinates the participation of FRA in the EU Monitoring Framework of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD)
- Roma & Migrant Integration; dealing with social inclusion and integration issues concerning minorities, in particular Roma, and migrants, as well as broader social and economic rights issues
- Rights of the Child; dealing with issues concerning children and justice, child protection, and child well-being and poverty
- FRANET & Annual Report; responsible for the coordination of the FRA’s research network of contractors covering all Member States and the coordination of the Agency’s Annual Report.
- Editing and Production; responsible for editing and production of FRA’s main research deliverables in English, French and German, including proof-reading, layout and production.
Functions and Duties:
The job holder will work in the Equality and Citizens’ Rights Department under the supervision of the Head of Department. She/he will also work closely with other members of the department, as well as staff in other departments.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to:
- Conduct research and analysis for legal and socio-legal research and policy analysis undertaken by FRA; including desk research and related input to fieldwork data collection undertaken by external contractors and budgetary planning in line with the Agency’s financial rules;
- Draft high quality, policy relevant and scientifically robust outputs, e.g. reports, studies, policy papers, opinions, presentations at events etc., synthesizing and analysing social and legal data. This may necessitate the review and substantial revision, in English, of deliverables submitted by external contractors;
- Carry out administrative work in relation to all aspects of project planning and management;
- Support the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of research projects at all stages; this will necessitate detailed critique and feedback concerning research undertaken for the Agency;
- Contribute to the drafting of technical specifications for contracting external research and monitor of contractors’ performance;
- Engage with stakeholders with respect to project development and to provide evidence based assistance and expertise at EU and national level;
- Represent the Agency at research-related and institutional meetings, as well as training events, and organise expert working groups, as required;
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Head of Department.
The basic salary for grades 13, 14 and 16 are respectively € 3170, 61, € 3587, 37 and € 4592, 43.
Applications must be sent no later than 10/02/2016 at 13:00 (Vienna Local time).