The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) is an EU Agency based in Vienna. The objective of the Agency is to provide the relevant institutions and authorities of the Community and its Member States when implementing Community law with assistance and expertise relating to fundamental rights, in order to support them when they take measures or formulate courses of action within their respective spheres of competence to fully respect fundamental rights. (Article 2 of the Council Regulation (EC) No 168/2007).
Job Title: Stakeholder Relations and Policy Analysis Support Officer
Job Location: Vienna, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA), Communication and Outreach Department
Function Group: FG III
Status: Contract Agent
The Communication and Outreach Department works to support the FRA in its role of providing evidence-based advice through consultation, communication and cooperation activities. The department’s main roles include implementation of the Agency’s communication and cooperation framework; supervision of the organisation of the Agency’s public information events and media communication; development of targeted project communication strategies and management of the Agency’s online tools such as its website, social media pages, online documentation and multimedia materials.
Main objective of the cooperation tasks of the Department are developing and sustaining effective modalities of cooperation with EU institutions and EU Member States governments to stay abreast of key developments, needs, and possibilities for providing them with relevant and useful assistance and expertise. The department also works to provide assistance and expertise to key FRA partners and general public through raising awareness and providing information on FRA’s work using different tools such as press releases, news and event items on the FRA webpage, weekly email news updates and a monthly newsletter. Media relations in preparation of, and following report publications, along with media monitoring contribute to increased awareness of FRA research, and improve the Agency’s visibility and reputation. Social media channels create growing online communities where stakeholders and the general public alike can actively engage in discussing and sharing information about fundamental rights, increasing the online presence, visibility and relevance of the agency. Internal databases of FRA references and statistics are collected to analyse the reach of FRA’s work in order to inform the Agency’s future communication strategies.
The Communication and Outreach Department is composed of three Sectors:
- Cooperation with EU Institutions and EU Member States
- Cooperation with Civil Society and Awareness Raising
Functions and Duties:
The job holder will work in the Communication and Outreach Department, in the Cooperation with EU Institutions and EU Member States Sector, under the supervision of the Head of Department. The successful candidate will develop and maintain stakeholder relations with EU institutions (European Parliament, Commission and the Council) and other EU bodies. He/she will work closely with members of the sector and the department, as well as staff in other departments.
The responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to:
- Provide support in liaising, developing and maintaining working relations and cooperation partnership with counterparts in EU institutions ;
- Provide support in developing strategic policy analysis and advice on key legislative and policy dossiers at the EU level, mainly in the area of Justice and Home Affairs, but also in relation to Employment and Social Affairs; Equality and other EU policy areas of relevance to FRA’s mandate;
- Provide support in stakeholder engagement, including stakeholder analysis, in particular within the context of FRA’s projects and activities;
- Provide support in drafting of concise and policy focused papers, for internal (FRA) and external (stakeholder) audiences
- Contribute to background papers, briefings and other documents for internal use as well as for external meetings and conferences;
- Contribute to the implementation and update of FRA’s Communication and Cooperation Strategy;
- Participate in FRA’s integrated project management, including project budgeting and budget implementation;
- Perform any other related tasks, as assigned by the Head of Department.
. The basic salary for grades 8, 9 and 10 are respectively € 2476,74, € 2802,28 and € 3170,60.
Applications must be sent no later than 10/02/2016 at 13:00 (Vienna Local time).